The world’s first IAEA Low Enriched Uranium (LEU) Bank has opened in which country?
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has launched the world’s first IAEA Low Enriched Uranium (LEU) bank at the Ulba Metallurgical Plant (UMP) in Oskemen, Kazakhstan. The $150 million facility will help ensure a steady supply of low enriched uranium for countries’ nuclear power programmes. The bank is owned and managed by IAEA. It is the first of its kind LEU bank not to be under control of any individual country. The IAEA LEU Bank will be a physical reserve of up to 90 metric tons of low enriched uranium suitable to make fuel for a typical light water reactor, the most widely used type of nuclear power reactor worldwide. The LEU Bank will serve as a last-resort mechanism to provide confidence to countries that they will be able to obtain LEU for the manufacture of fuel for nuclear power plants in the event of an unforeseen, non-commercial disruption to their supplies. The LEU can be used to make enough nuclear fuel to power a large city for three years.
- It provided for the appointment of the Indian Law Commission
- It accommodated the personal laws of Hindu and Muslims
- It provided for the establishment of the Supreme Court
- It restricted the application of English law to English men only
Which country to host the South Asian Boxing Championship (SABC)-2017?
- Sri Lanka
The 2017 South Asian Boxing Championship (SABC) will be held in Guwahati, Assam from December 6 to 10. This is first time India will host the championship, which will see a potential blockbuster clash against arch-rivals Pakistan besides other SAARC countries — Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, among others. Apart from this, the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) has announced that India will also host the ‘India International Open tournament’ in New Delhi on January 2017.
- 1st June, 1918
- 13th April, 1919
- 14th April, 1920
- 6th July, 1921
In which year India’s first satellite Aryabhatta was launched?
India’s first satellite Aryabhatta was launched by India on 19 April 1975 from Russian space station using Kosmos-3M launch vehicle.
- Robert Clive
- William Bentinck
- Marques Wellesley
- Warren Hastings
What is the use of Venturimeter?
- to measure subdivisions of scale
- to measure wavelength of radio wave
- To measure friction
- to measure rate of flow of fluids
- A future constitution of India
- Provision of Provincial Autonomy
- Gandhi’s demands for calling off Civil Disobedience Movement
- Congress Claim to be the sole representative of Indians