- Virat Kohli
- Ben Stokes
- Faf du Plessis
- Steven Smith
Indian Test skipper Virat Kohli has been named as the ‘Captain of the Year’ at the 10th annual ESPNcricinfo Awards. Kohli led India to 9 wins out of 12 Tests in the year gone-by. Apart from this, Englishman Ben Stokes won the Test Batting Performance of the Year for his incredible counterattacking innings of 258 runs off 198 balls against South Africa in Cape Town.
- Choice of god
- Philosophical doctrines
Which among the following scientists is known for laws of planetary motion?
Kepler proposed Laws of planetary motion. These three laws describes the behavior of planets in the heliocentric model;
The three laws of Kepler can be stated as follows:
- Law of orbits: All planets move in elliptical orbits with the Sun situated at one of the foci of the ellipse
- Law of areas: The line that joins any planet to the sun sweeps equal areas in equal intervals of time.
- Law of periods: The Square of the time period of revolution of a planet is proportional to the cube of the semi-major axis of the ellipse traced out by the planet. The law of areas can be understood as a consequence of conservation of angular momentum which is valid for any central force
- Persians (Iranians)
- Chagatai Turks
- None of these
The 17th summit of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit has started in Astana, Kazakhstan from June 8, 2017. In this summit, India and Pakistan has become full members of the organization. The SCO is a Eurasian political, economic, and military organisation which was founded in 2001 in Shanghai by the leaders of China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan. It is mainly aimed at military cooperation between the members and involves intelligence- sharing, counter-terrorism operations in Central Asia. Afghanistan, Belarus, India, Iran, Mongolia and Pakistan have observer status.
- Taqi Mir
The Rangpo-Sivok Railway line, connects which among the following two states of India?
- Arunachal Pradesh ↔ Tripura
- Sikkim ↔ West Bengal
- West Bengal ↔ Tripura
- Arunachal Pradesh ↔ Assam
Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India acts as the chief accountant and auditor for the?
- Union govt only
- State govt
- Union govt and state govt
- None of the above
- Firoz Tughlaq
- Sikandar Lodi
- Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq
Vijayanagar was a South Indian Hindu empire, founded in 1336 by Harihara and Bukka during the region of Sultan of Delhi Muhammad-bin-Tughlaq.
The Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary (KWS) is located in which district of Rajasthan?
The Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary (KWS) is located in the Rajsamand District of Rajasthan and covers an area of 578 km2. It is home to Indian wolf, Indian leopard, sloth bear, striped hyena, Golden jackal, jungle cat, sambhar, nilgai, chausingha, etc.